What is Meaningful Use?
Meaningful use is using certified electronic health record (EHR) technology to:
- Improve quality, safety, efficiency, and reduce health disparities
- Engage patients and family
- Improve care coordination, and population and public health
- Maintain privacy and security of patient health information
Ultimately, it is hoped that the meaningful use compliance will result in:
- Better clinical outcomes
- Improved population health outcomes
- Increased transparency and efficiency
- Empowered individuals
- More robust research data on health systems
There are significant financial incentives being offered to Health Care Facilities that meet prescribed meaningful use goals.
For More information about Meaningful Use and how we are meeting those goals: